Choristers at Chichester sing in the glorious acoustics of the Cathedral, performing at concerts at home and abroad, whilst enjoying excellent academic education at The Prebendal School – named by the Telegraph as one of the best value prep schools in the country (January, 2020).
The experience of being a chorister is exciting and fun, and develops valuable skills that will last a lifetime.
Who is this event for?
This event is suitable for boys in Years 2 and 3, as well as their parent/guardians.
Substantial scholarships are awarded to all choristers, and additional bursaries are available on a means-tested basis.
What will happen at the Open Day?
- 1.00pm: Welcome & Registration;
- 1.30pm (est.): The event will begin with an informal workshop, where children will work alongside the Cathedral’s current choristers. The session will be led by Marcia Bellamy, professional Voice Coach and opera singer;
- 2.10pm (est.): Following the workshop, parents/guardians will have the opportunity to meet Charles Harrison, Organist and Master of The Choristers, and join a Q&A session;
- 3.30pm: A service open to the public will take place – an opportunity to sing alongside the Cathedral Choir;
- 4.15pm (est.): Tea and coffee will be served at The Deanery.
There will also be an opportunity for a behind-the-scenes look at the Cathedral organ with Assistant Organist, Timothy Ravalde.
Do I have to book?
If you wish to book your space, or simply have further questions, please contact Charlotte Rattray:
- 01243 812488