If you would like to bring a school or college party to Chichester Cathedral it is wise to book at least one term in advance, especially if you have a particular date in mind. Please bear in mind that some schools book a year in advance so if you want to visit on a specific date then please do book early. If for some reason you can’t plan so far ahead, do give us a ring and we will always try to accommodate you.
Unfortunately we cannot offer Children's Guided Tours, or any workshops requiring access to the Cathedral, on Tuesdays.
Children's Guided Tours and Workshops (from ages 5-18)
Available for Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays during West Sussex School Term Dates. Find out more
For full details on arranging your visit to Chichester Cathedral please read the following documents:
If you’re planning a teacher-supervised self–guided visit then please do notify us in advance as we can weave your trip around daily Services and any events not listed in our calendar. For more information, please visit the Self Guided Visits page.
Learning and Engagement Department Booking Process
- Call us on 01243 812497 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check dates and make a preliminary booking.
- You will receive an email confirming the date and numbers visiting.
- We welcome teachers on pre-visits to discuss their visit and complete a risk assessment. Please see below for a map of our location in the Cathedral precinct and the relevant Risk Assessment documents.
- Once a detailed timetable for your visit is agreed by phone, email or in person you will receive an email containing a confirmation letter, timetable, invoice and map (showing position of the Learning and Engagement Department)
- Any changes to this agreed timetable must be made at least 3 weeks prior to the visit in order for your visit to be appropriately staffed.
- We request payment in advance of your visit. Please arrange for payment to be made as soon as possible. Please arrange for the invoice to go to the correct person for payment. Cheques should be made payable to The Dean and Chapter of Chichester Cathedral.
- CANCELLATIONS - Please note that if it becomes necessary for you to cancel within twenty working days of the visit, the full cost will be charged. All notifications must be in writing.