Chichester Cathedral welcomes families with children of any age to step into iconic moments of English history, with many things to see and do.
Our wide range of family activities include special storytelling events, half-term crafting sessions and interactive trails for every family member, creating a memorable and shared experience for all.
Good to know
A special service designed particularly for children and their caregivers is held every Sunday at 9.15am in the Lady Chapel. This service is particularly suitable for children aged 0 to 12 years old (noisy and quiet babies, tots and kids alike) and lasts for approximately 35 minutes.
Explore a wide range of family activities available year-round, including special storytelling events, half-term crafting sessions and interactive trails.
- Toilet facilities are available in the Cathedral (including an accessible toilet with changing facilities).
- The Cathedral Shop stocks a range of delightful gifts and souvenirs for families and young people.
- Food and drink is available for eat-in or takeaway from Cloisters Kitchen & Garden and highchairs are available for use.
- When the weather is nice, families can eat in the green spaces across the Cathedral Quarter, where there are waste bins to dispose of unwanted food and packaging.
- Ramps throughout the Cathedral allow step-free access for pushchairs.
- The Cathedral is in the heart of Chichester, close to the Market Cross, the centrepoint of the City’s main pedestrianised shopping streets. The Cathedral’s postcode is PO19 1RP.