We have made a number of changes to ensure that you can join us safely for public worship. Please ensure you read the information below before attending.
Details of future services can be found here.
Upon arrival, you will be asked to provide your name and contact details. This is in order to support the NHS Track and Trace system.
We ask those attending Saturday Evensong, Sunday Eucharist and Sunday Evensong to reserve their seats using our online booking system. The online ticketing has been generously supported by the Friends of Chichester Cathedral.
For those unable to use the booking system, places have been allocated for those arriving without advance reservation.
Worshippers are asked to queue at the Cathedral’s West Door, using the floor stickers to adhere to social distance recommendations. Routing into the Cathedral for Worship will follow the existing system; entrance via West door and South aisle, exit via North aisle and out West door. All other entrances and exits to the building will remain closed. This route will be continually monitored to ensure everyone’s safety.
Some changes to our services have been made in response to the Government’s guidance and direction for Churches from the Church of England. These changes include:
- Communion will be brought to worshippers by the presiding clergy
- Orders of Service will be provided in a manner that complies with Governmental and Church guidance.
- Prayer books will not be provided.
- The wearing of face coverings is now mandatory in places of worship. Our stewards and volunteers are also wearing face coverings. A number of face coverings will be available for those that have forgotten to bring them. There are valid exemptions for individuals not wearing a face covering.
- Singing is not permitted. The organ will be played at relevant services.
- There are no on-site toilet facilities, the nearest public toilets are opposite the Cathedral in Tower Street.
- The café and the shop are closed.
Please remember that Chichester Cathedral remains open for individual private prayer weekdays, between 10.00 - 4.00pm.
When visiting, please follow the Government’s guidance, which includes:
- Please wear a mask
- If you or a member of your household is unwell stay at home
- Practice social distancing (at least 2 metres)
- Avoid unnecessary contact
- Follow specific Government Guidance for the over 70s/the clinically vulnerable.